First Contact Physiotherapy Service is a new specialist service for patients with Musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions, allowing patients to be seen by an expert clinician who can assess, diagnose and treat patients.
The criteria for this service is:
- Patients with a new MSK condition or an acute flare up of an existing condition in the last 3 months
- Patient aged 16 years or over
- New soft tissue/muscle/tendon/ligament strains or sprains
- New joint pain or injury
- New Spinal pain
- Acute Flare up of chronic problems including osteoarthritis
- Minor trauma e.g sports injury
To arrange an appointment please contact the surgery, where a telephone appointment will be made with a FCP physiotherapist to discuss the problem. If a face to face appointment is required FCP will arrange this.