The surgery now provides a CAMHS Mental Health service which is either a telephone or face to face appointment dependant on the patient’s preference. This service is available for patients between the ages of 5 and 18 years of age who want to discuss the following:
- Problems with mood/low mood/depression
- Reduced motivation
- Feeling snappy/irritable
- Minor self-harming behaviour
- Emotional/behavioural difficulties
- Psychosis (hearing voices/visual hallucinations)
- Where the child or young person has a need associated with a neurodevelopmental condition, such as Autism/social communication needs or attentional difficulties such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD/ADD).
To make an appointment with the CAMHS Mental Health Practitioner please contact the surgery.
If the young person is open to CAMHS and has either had an initial assessment with the CAMHS team (not Single Point of Access) or has a lead professional this service unfortunately is not available.